Monday, January 30, 2012

Rainbow Row - Move in Ready!

Rainbow Row - my entry into this month's Year of Schnibble's parade - is complete and the houses are ready for someone to move in!




The pattern is Full House by Carrie Nelson.
The fabric used was Sassy by Sandy Gervais.




I had a plan to FMQ each of the houses differently so first I did an all over basic meander everywhere but the outer border and houses.  The outer border got a wavy line treatment.  Then I did each house differently than its neighbor.  I am very pleased with the finished results but can't say I really achieved enough variety in the FMQ of each house. Right now, I didn't do anything to the roofs. Still thinking about that.  (Wish I had left the doors alone as well.) 




I had a lot of fun with this pattern.  Not sure I'll join in every month but I am now excited,  waiting for the parade and the unveiling of the February pattern.  (For more information, go here or here.)






Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Sassy! You're sassy little village is absolute perfection! I especially love the name you've given it ~ Rainbow Row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! Your free motion quilting is amazing! Great job! Wonderful color selection too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...