Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells came back from my LAQ before the holiday and I got the binding on before Christmas was over with 1 hour to spare!




I like to put on my own bindings - really, I do! - and I have my LAQ serge the edges for me.  This makes attaching the binding a much neater process and it allows for using the quilt before the binding is attached.




I wanted this quilt in some family photos on Christmas Eve and folded it carefully so the fact that it was missing a binding wasn't obvious.   (The quilt looked great and so did the family!).  I got the last of the binding done Christmas night while sitting on the couch watching the Dr Who Christmas special.  




The fabric used was Countdown to Christmas.   Inspiration for the quilt was found in the book titled The Quiltmakers and a design by Joanna Figueroa called Twinkling Stars.  The quilting pattern is an allover swirl to suggest blowing snow.




Hope you are having a good week.


Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Leave a stitch...