Friday, November 25, 2011

A pile of mini quilts ready to bind

I skipped the mall today and instead had fun with my sewing machine and with the family.


In the morning, I FMQ two smaller Christmas quilts I had pieced last year but never finished.  I added them to a two other small quilts I had pieced and FMQ last year but never applied the binding.  I'll add some binding later this weekend to all 4 and start planning where I will hang these beauties!  (smile)  Each of these is roughly 40 by 40 inches.






The weather was warm and sunny here in NC so we took a hike in the afternoon.  Beautiful day and lots of family fun.  (My DD took this photo - isn't it a beauty?)




Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We had far too many deserts!  I wanted to share a fun and easy one.  Melt chocolate squares (used baker's chocolate semi-sweet) and then coat a marshmellow.  Dip in crushed candy canes and set aside to allow the chocolate to harden.  These are fabulous!  (We also did some with mini chocolate chips but the candy cane ones were the best.)  For those who celebrated, I hope your Thanksgiving was a wonderful one.




Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...