Saturday, January 15, 2011

Village Green

Last January, I signed up for a block of the month for the 2010 Thimbleberries Village Green.   When I first started quilting, my local quilt shop carried the full Thimbleberries line and it was probably the first fabric I used to make a large quilt with.

With this block of the month, I found that I was keeping up with the monthly block for the first 6 months.  However, once summer hit, the dark colors of the quilt were just not appealing and I started to wonder whether I would finish.  I decided over the holidays to get caught up and make as much progress on the sawtooth border as I possibly could.  Today, I started assembling everything.

I LOVE it.  I've always liked house blocks.




I am a little more than halfway through making the other two sawtooth borders for the side - my goal is to finish next weekend.




Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. How charming! I love the houses too... congratulations on finishing up this project!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...