Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring Bliss

Not yet spring here in NC but the weather this weekend has been very nice!


Spring Bliss is the name of my latest wall quilt - made from Bliss fabric.  I spent time this morning FMQ and had a blast.  I didn't really have good backing fabric and didn't want to purchase something so I just went with a white scrap which was large enough.  More pictures once I get it trimmed and bound.



  
If you look carefully, you will see the flower inside each of the white squares.  The outer border was stipple.  The inner border and the blocks were loops.


This means I can officially take Bliss off my list of my Sweet Stash on my side bar.


However, I did purchase two new charms packs this week.  Max & Whiskers - a very, very cute print I will use to make a gift for a family member.  And Lovely.    (excuse the side ways photo.)




My sisters and I are in training to walk a 1/2 marathon - our first ever.  I walked 5 miles yesterday and feel pretty good today.  I will be taking it easy and will take a walk but at a slower pace, bringing my daughter along.


Have a wonderful weekend.


Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quilting looks so great on white fabric. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing this done - I love that fabric range so much and it's so rare over here... The flowers are fab! Is free motion quilting the same technique as free motion embroidery - put your free motion foot on, lower the feed dogs and just get on with it?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...