Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Applique anyone?

My daughter is about to be a high school senior which means this time next year.... I'd better have that quilt ready for her dorm room!

When my son went off to school in 2011, I made him a quilt with a fractal in the center.  


I modeled it off a quilt I saw a photo of and created my own templates.   It was a lot of work but a lot of fun to assemble.   (Here is my post on the quilt.)

I asked my daughter what she might like for her dorm room  - this was after I was grilling her    discussing with her possible college visits this summer.

She wants a quilt with the Harry Potter crest.





Gulp.

Looks like a very, very large applique project to me.  I've never done anything large.

The first challenge is to increase the image a gazillion times so that it gets to actual size.

Any ideas for me on this?   

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...