Friday, January 22, 2016

Farmer's Wife 1930's - Fern (34) & Flora (35)

I had fun with this week's Farmer's Wife blocks.

Fern (34) - I don't have much green in my the scraps of Fig Tree I am using but I certainly needed to use a little of it in a block called Fern.  A bit more contrast might have been good but I'm happy with how the block turned out with the Y seams and will not be taking another shot at it!


Flora (35) - I've more orange fabric available than any other.  For the next couple of blocks, I'll pair orange with different browns.



I know you are seeing these blocks all over blog land. These are from the book -   Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt and there are two great quilt alongs with plenty of tips and ideas.  VeryKerryBerry  is doing the blocks in numerical order while Gnome Angel is doing them in order from easiest to hardest.

My fabrics are from Moda Fig Tree.  There are so many different versions underway right now - so much inspiration out there!


Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. ok, hands down fave is Fern...love how that turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Patty! My husband is gone for three days with my two youngest son leaving me and my daughter home alone for three days. I think it might be a fantastic time to quilt! I will email you my completed Flora block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are so pretty, Patty! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...