Thursday, November 29, 2012

Easy Street

I tried to resist, really I did.  But the chance to make a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt was too tempting.  So, I am here on Easy Street!

I did, however, decide to make a much smaller quilt.  Bonnie says hers will finish at 84 inches square before borders.  I decided to make on 42 inches square before borders.  Once I see the blocks I can also (possibly) make it 'unsquare'.

I wanted to use my stash if at all possible.  While Bonnie's quilt called for Green, Teal-ish, Purple and Gray, I decided to use my stash of Good Fortune.  I've got greens and blues and will substitute the orange read instead of the purple.   This line has a really pretty grey as well.  Instead of using a white print with some text etc, I will just use a Bella solid.  (I didn't quite have all of this in my stash but a quick trip to a local quilt store scored me the orange red and the gray.)



Week 1 is done - now my cute little 4 patches await the next clue.



I linked up my progress so far with the other Easy Street players!


Pauline from Quilting Queen and Mdmn Samm from SewWeQuilt have put together a new blog hop - Holiday Lane.  My day was TuesdayNovember 27 and I had two projects to share.  I really appreciated all the fun comments!  

You can find the entire schedule for the blog hop here.

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. I love your colors and can't wait to see how it looks compared to BH's colors. I strayed from her colors once and my quilt was ok, but not great. I love seeing people being brave and getting fantastic results by their own color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice fabrics. I`m looking forward to see the next part.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute indeed! I love your grey fabric. Looking forward to step 2 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...